I won't give much of a review over this noodle tho.
So, here it is...
- I used medium sized eggs (55 grams). Eggs must be in room temperature. Or else, you may not be able to achieve the exact result.
- Put eggs into boiling water. Water level must cover up the whole egg. Set your timer into 6 or 7 minutes. It depends on your preferred consistency. Read on and you will know what I mean.
- While the eggs is boiling, prepare a bowl of ice cube filled with water, add a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Once the time is up, dish up the eggs and straight to the ice water until the eggs completely cool.
- Gently remove the shells, and your eggs is ready. Try to use 2 to 3 days old eggs. If your eggs is too fresh, then, you will have hard time peeling the eggs shells.
This is the 7 minutes result...
I think the egg yolk is slight overcooked. I wanted something in-between. Hmm...
Anyway, it's ok. Let's move on.
By right, the eggs must be soaked in the soy sauce broth for at least 3 hours to achieve best result. But I don't have such luxurious time. I only have 1 hour. So, you could see obviously that the brownish color is only on the eggs surface only.
For the Ramen Eggs Broth (good for 2 to 3 eggs)
- 50mls water
- 50mls soy sauce
- 2 slices of ginger, julienned
- a tablespoons of sugar
Bring the broth to a boil, simmer for a minute, leave it aside and let it cool before you use it to soak the eggs.
If you are in a rush, and only have time to soak your eggs for 1 hour (like me), add a teaspoon of dark soy sauce. This will speed up the browning process for the eggs. If you have the 3 to 5 hours time to soak the eggs, you could omit this.
Double up the broth recipe if you are soaking more eggs.
Now take a look at my bowl of Tonkotsu Ramen. This is what I called a decent bowl of noodles! Now you know why I insist to eat my eggs with Tonkotsu Ramen?
Conclusion : The eggs taste good. But I think it can me a lil' more flavorful. Next time, I will try to cook the eggs again, using 6mins 30sec cooking time. And give the eggs a good 3 hours soak and shall see the difference.