- 5 Egg yolk
- 90ml Corn oil
- 50 grams Castor Sugar
- 115grams Cake flour
- 70ml Water
- 25 grams Chocolate Powder (I used Valrhona Brand)
- 1/2 tsp Baking powde
- 5 Egg Whites
- 90 grams Castor Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cream of tartar
- Combine Cake flour, Chocolate Powder & baking powder. Sift.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks, oil, water and sugar. Mix well.
- Add in cake flour into the mixture. Mix well. Set the batter aside.
- Preheat your oven at 180 Degree.
- Egg whites into a clean bowl, beat on low speed until it froths. Add in cream of tartar and continue to beat at high speed until soft peaks.
- Put in sugar at 3 intervals and beat until stiff peaks. Lift up beaters. Check if your egg whites is stiff enough.
- Put in 1/3 of egg whites into the batter bowl. Fold the egg whites into the batter. Repeat another time.Please always remember that it must be in folding method.
- You should have left with 1/3 egg whites on your mixing bowl. Pour the whole of batter onto remaining egg whites and fold well.
- Pour the batter into a 22cm (I used 21cm. But 22cm is the ideal size) ungreased clean tube pan. Lightly shake it left and right to level cake.
- Straight to the oven, bake it at 180 degree for 45 minutes.
- Invert pan immediately after removing from oven. Leave cake to cool down.
- Overturn the cake, remove cake from pan. Cut the cake using sharp knife and serve.
I just love the taste of the Chocolate :)