Sometimes when I taste the food selling at coffee shops or hawker centre, especially economical rice stall, I really wonder how long had they kept those meat in the freezer before they cook it. Or, sometimes I can't help thinking that I'm actually eating unwashed veggies. But it is really unavoidable. When we are busy, we will still eat out even tho we know the fact that the food that they serve is no good.
This time round I didn't add prawns in there. Just pure whitebaits. A generous amount of whitebaits for my omelette. Yumms!!!
This takes me only 5mins. It's super quick.
Ingredient (Serves 1)
- a tablespoon of oil
- 1 egg, beaten. Make it two if you want.
- a handful of whitebaits. But please be generous.
- a dash of pepper
- spring onions as garnishing
1. Give the whitebaits a quick wash, drained. You wont want your whitebaits to be too wet.
2. Heat up your pan with a tablespoon of oil in there. Add in whitebaits, toss.
3. Beaten eggs in, stir well. Make sure all your whitebaits are sticked together with eggs.
4. Fry each side till golden pale brown (refer to my picture), a dash of pepper on each side.
5. Dish up, sprinkle spring onions, and serve with steamed white rice.
You don't need to add any soy sauce nor salt. Whitebaits itself has a mild salty taste. When it's combined together with the eggs, the taste would be just nice.
Nom.. Nom.. Nom!!! This is so satisfying!
I finished 1 bowl of rice by just eating this omelette.
Give it a try! :D