I've got two beautiful frozen Tuna Steak in the fridge. Imported from UK. Good stuff! :D
I don't know what to do with it except lightly pan-fried it and give abit of soy sauce and put some garnishing. That's the most plain way of cooking fish, which can be quite boring at times.
Just a simple dinner for two, I don't wanna cook two dishes. Sometimes, I just settle with only one dish with rich flavor, serve with steamed rice. That's it. But the dish must be balanced also. Since I've got fish, and rice. The next thing I need is veggies.
So, here.. I planned to cook sweet & sour fish! With all the ingredients here...
I've got tomatoes, onions, & bla bla bla... It should be good enough. And ingredients as follows :
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 3)
- 2 Tuna Steak. Or any kinds of fish that you prefer.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Spring Onions
- 3 slices of Ginger, Julienned
- some salted vegetable (optional)
- 1 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- few dashes of pepper to taste
- 1 cup of water
- some starch water (2 to 3 tbsp of water + a tbsp of corn flour / tapioca flour)
1. Pan-Fry your fish till cooked / light brown. Set aside.
2. A tablespoons of oil, stir fry ginger till fragrant, add in the rest of the ingredients. Keep abit of red chilli & spring onion for garnishing. Give it a toss.
3. Add in all the seasoning except starch water. Simmer for about 2 - 3 minutes.
4. Add in starch water, stir well. And the sauce will get thickened.
5. Heat off, pour the sweet & sour sauce on the fish. Garnish & serve.
I told ya.. It's not difficult! :D
While the rice cooker is cooking the rice, what you need to do is to prepare this kind of ONE DISH meal. I think that is good enough for a simple weekday dinner :)