I saw it selling at the wet market. Immediately I asked the fish monger "Uncle, this one how much?"... "S$3.00 per pack!", he replied. Without hesitating, I grab it!
Along with the baby whitebaits, I asked for some fresh prawns too.
If your seafood is fresh enough, there's no good cooking skills nor fancy cooking method needed. All we need here is a simple way of preparing the food. And I come up with this for dinner...
Baby Whitebaits and Prawn Omelette.
Ingredients are simple too.
- a handful of fresh baby whitebaits
- about 6 to 7 fresh prawns, cut into small chunks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- a pinch of sea salt, a dash of pepper
- a tablespoon of cooking oil
- sprinkle of spring onions
1. In a pan, a tablespoon of cooking oil, whitebaits, prawn chunks, sea salt. Give it a quick toss.
2. Pour beaten eggs in, give it a good and gentle stir to ensure all whitebaits & prawns sticked with the eggs. A dash of pepper on it
3. Under medium heat, pan fry it about 2 mins on each side. Off the heat, sprinkle with spring onions & wala! Another quick dish!
Max loves this to the max! He ate almost all of them.
Now lets take a close look at the baby whitebaits. It's beautiful isn't it?
This is another rush hour dish that you could try at home. It's really easy. Even Max can do it :)
Post a Comment