With this flavorful dish alone, I can finish a big bowl of rice! My love for this dish has developed since young. I spent my childhood time living in Kampar, a small town that takes about 25 to 30mins drive away from Ipoh Town. When it comes to festive seasons, or whoever is getting married, we definitely will have a big portion of roasted pork lying on the dining table.
On the 1st day, we will eat the fresh roasted pork. Just cut them into bite size and eat with rice. Usually, we won't be able to finish it within a day. So, we will wrap them up, keep the left-over in the fridge for the next day. Grandma will heat up the roasted pork by stir-frying it, and add some flavors to enhance it.
And this is what I'm gonna do.
With my beautiful cast iron skillet, I'm gonna stir-fry it into the way I want it to be!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 big cloves or 3 small cloves of garlic, chopped
- 350g Roasted Pork (烧肉) - chopped into bite size
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat up wok, a tbsp oil, chopped garlic, fry till fragrance.
- Add in roasted pork, give it a quick toss under high heat.
- Add in sugar & soy sauce, fry till the pork looks brownish and caramelized. Heat off, dish up.
It is really torturing looking at the picture of this dish, while writing this post at this hour...
Indeed, the photos given in this blog is really looking delicious. I want to try this recipe because it is easy to easy to prepare and affordable. I'm sure my son will like this very much because he loved Pork stir fry. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.ReplyDelete