Sunday, April 8, 2012

Review : Swiss Rosti with Smoked Bratwurst

It's random weekend. I open the fridge and cooked Swiss Rosti for weekend lunch.


Upon Max request, I bought Swiss Rosti two days ago at Plaza Singapura. It comes in a promo price of S$10 for two pack. And I thought it was okay, since Max wanted to eat it. And I walked to Carrefour and grab a pack of his favorite Smoked Brats to go along with.


This is not the 1st time I purchase this pre-packed Swiss Rosti. I bought it once, few years ago. And I cooked it for my niece. They really mad lovin' it. I really do have to admit that I love it alot too. But I stopped buying it, because I felt that they are just potatoes. A pack of potatoes that cost 5 bucks odd is rather expensive. And it is pre-packed food yea. Once in a while, it's fine. But not too often. Marche's Fresh Rosti is still the decent choice, but it cost S$8.00 for a plain one. Costly.

I won't object it if you were to keep one or two pack of this at home. Really. It's good.

Method
  • Empty the pack of Swiss Rosti on a 24cm non-stick pan, under medium heat. No need to add oil. The Rosti itself is oily. 
  • Gently press the shredded potatoes to kinda loosen it. 
  • Fry it at each side for 7 to 8 mins till browned. 
  •  In another pan, I pan-fry the brats, chopped some coriander & spring onions to go along with my Rosti.
It's easy!
Soft inside, crispy outside... And it's really beautiful!

I wish I have some sour cream at home. It will be even more perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment