You don't need to think too much. It could be simple. What about the childhood dish that your mother or your grandmother cooked for you? Some really simple and effortless dish like this? Stir-Fried Cabbage with Glass Noodles - my all-time favorite!
This dish uses simple ingredients. The common cabbage, glass noodles and dried silver fish. That's all. It isn't as complicated as what you imagined. I used HCP (Happy Call Pan) to cook this dish. So, cooking time cut short by a minute or so.
- 300g Cabbage (包菜 / 高丽菜）
- 30g Dried Glass Noodles （冬粉）
- 20g Dried Silver Fish （银鱼仔）
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 50ml Water
- ½ tbsp Fish sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Oh, incase if you are not sure. We called glass noodles tang-hoon (冬粉) in hokkien, literally mung bean noodles. I have some Taiwanese glass noodles at home, so I just use it. It's slight thicker and chewier than the ordinary glass noodles.
- Cut cabbage into strips. Soak glass noodles in water till soft. Set aside.
- Heat pan, a tablespoon of oil, and fry garlic and dried silver fish till fragrant.
- Add in cabbage and give it a toss. Cover with lid, cook for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid, add in glass noodles, water and stir.
- Add fish sauce, pepper and salt. Stir well.
- Cover with lid and cook for another minute, or 2 minutes if you are not using HCP, or until cooked.
I like the glassy look and texture of the glass noodle.
This is what I called the real home-cooked dish :)
What kind of fish paste do you use? (:ReplyDelete
Hi Anonymous, I did not use any fish paste in this dish, If you are referring to Fish Sauce, just any brand would be fine :)Delete