This cheesy dog stuffed wings is spicy, delicious, chewy, crunchy and appetizing.
This is a great party food for everyone. I did this a year ago and I only get to post it now. Max asked why didn't I make more. He says 8pcs is miserable. My response to him is "Good thing comes in a small package". Sounds like a diamond shop advert tho. Hahaha...
There are various types of stuffed chicken wings recipe online. Mine is the laziest. You don't have to work hard on the stuffing at all. Just get a pack of cheesy dogs, and stuff em' into the boneless mid-joint wings. It's effortless! But of course, I won't pretend that this is easy. You have to put in effort to remove the bones from the mid-joint wings.
The only imperfection about this dish is that the cocktail cheesy dogs that I've got from the supermart is not as cheesy as I expected tho :(
To make the wings even more delicious, I mixed some spicy sauce, dumped the wings into a large mixing bowl and give it a toss, so that the chicken wings are well coated with spicy sauce to enhance it's taste.
(Source : Annie of Annielicious Food)
- 8 pcs Mid-Joint Wings
- 8 pcs Cocktail Cheesy Dogs
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- dashes of Pepper
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 6 to 8 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Nando's Chilli Sauce (I think Thai chilli sauce would be a very good alternative too)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Sesame Seed
- Lemon slice / wedge
You can adjust your preferred spiciness level - be it mild, medium or even suicidal level by adding some chopped chilli padi. Mine is just mild spicy. Max can't take too spicy food. And I kinda feels bored sometimes :(
- Clean mid-joint wings, pat dry with kitchen towels. With a small and sharp utility knife, give a small cut at both end of the mid-joint. Carefully remove the bones from the mid-joint.
- Marinade the boneless mid-joint wings with corn flour, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper for about 30mins.
- Stuff the cocktail cheesy dogs into the mid-joint.
- Dip marinated wings into lightly beaten eggs, and then coat the wings in flour until well coated. Do this one at a time.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or deep fryer. Deep fry wings until crispy and golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix Chilli sauce, Tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Mayo and Honey together. Throw in the fried chicken wings and give it a good toss. Ensure all wings are evenly coated.
- To serve, sprinkle some toasted white sesame, some parsley and a slice of lemon to squeeze on top of the wings to give the wings some tang before you eat.
Removing bones from the mid-joint wings might not be the easiest task. But it's definitely worthwhile when you see your family eating them happily.
Marinade the chicken, and then stuff the cheesy dogs in it. You don't have to cut the cocktail cheesy dogs. The length of the cocktail dogs is about the same as mid-joint wings.
When wings are ready for frying. I'd prefer simple frying coating. Just flour and eggs. I don't even salt my flour, because I knew I'm gonna toss some spicy sauce on top of the fried chicken wings at the later part. If you intend to skip the spicy sauce, do add some salt and pepper on the flour.
By looking at the end result, I knew you would agree that this is definitely convincing :)
I hope you like it!